Owning a business is difficult. In addition to managing product development and finances, you have to comply with a wide variety of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Please join us on January 8, 2019 for a presentation by employment lawyer Megan Vaniman, who will show you how to navigate employment law for small businesses. Vaniman will discuss employment laws that most affect Oregon businesses and—most importantly—give you a whole host of tips and tricks to ensure compliance.
Topics to include:
- What to consider when hiring
- Oregon and Portland’s “Ban-the-Box” ordinance
- Oregon’s sick leave requirements
- The right and wrong way to terminate an employee
- Final paychecks
- Minimum wage requirements
- The importance of employee handbooks
- Questions from the audience
›› Refreshments provided. Wine, beer, soft drinks + light food fare.
Portland Made members
Tuesday, January 8, 5:30pm
Harris Bricken Law Firm
511 SE 11th Ave Suite 201, Portland, OR 97214