Owning a business is difficult. In addition to managing product development and finances, you have to comply with a wide variety of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Please join us on January 8, 2019 for a presentation by employment lawyer Megan Vaniman, who will show you how to navigate employment law for small businesses. Vaniman will discuss laws that most affect Oregon businesses and—most importantly—give a whole host of tips and tricks to ensure compliance.
Topics to include:
- What to consider when hiring
- Oregon and Portland’s “Ban-the-Box” ordinance
- Oregon’s sick leave requirements
- The right and wrong way to terminate an employee
- Final paychecks
- Minimum wage requirements
- The importance of employee handbooks
- Questions from the audience
›› Refreshments provided. Wine, beer, soft drinks + light food fare.
Portland Made members
Tuesday, January 8, 5:30pm
Harris Bricken Law Firm
511 SE 11th Ave Suite 201, Portland, OR 97214